Seawings’ Cessna 208 Caravan is the foundation of our fleet. Providing a safe, reliable and comfortable flight we are proud of these planes which thrill and delight our customers every day.
Of course our favourite feature is their ability to take-off and land in the water, which is an exhilarating experience in itself.
Here are some fun facts about Seawings’ Cessna 208 Caravan planes:
- These planes have a maximum range of 955 nautical miles – approximately equivalent to flying from Dubai to India .
- The Cessna 208 Caravan take a total of nine passengers plus the pilot
- The take-off distance of 617 metres in water – this around the length of six football fields
- On land the take-off distance is 408 metres
- The Cessna 208 was first produced in 1982
- The total wingspan is 16 metres, just two metres short of a typical bus
- Every seat is a window seat, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy uninterrupted views of the scenery – including a seat right next to the pilot
- The maximum cruise speed is 300 km/hr. This is similar to the world’s fastest bird the Peregrine Falcon which is the official symbol of the UAE. When diving for prey it the top recorded speed is 389km/hr.
- The farthest journey one of our seaplanes completed was from Dubai to Venice.
- Our planes are amphibious – so they can be fitted with floats and retractable landing gear allowing them to take off and land on water and solid ground.
- Since 2007 our planes have flown more than 150,000 passengers across the Arabian sky
- The maximum load is a whopping 1393 kg, so you could easily take two fully grown camels and a baby camel on board! Note we don’t allow camels on our flights.
Fly with us
Seawings are the only seaplane tour operator in the UAE, and we offer a wide range of scenic flights and charter tours. We have 24 landing locations in the UAE, with our main bases in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
We are your local expert, talk to us to find out more about our scenic tours and packages. We can assist with your full itinerary for your next visit in the UAE including day trips, accommodation and more.